One would think that SP2 Patch 1 for Identity Center and SP2 Patches 1 & 2 for Virtual Directory Server (released in early July) would be cumulative seeing that it’s about the same size as the original SP2 IdC install; sadly, this is not the case. Today, if you were planning to set up an up to date IdC installation you would have to follow these steps:
- Install SP2 (Identity center and Virtual Directory Server)
- Install SP2 Patch 1 – For your database (IDM70IC02P_1-20003100)
- Install SP2 Patch 2 – For Identity Center (IDM70IC02P_2-20003100)
- Install SP2 Patch 1 – For Virtual Directory Server (IDM70VDS01P_1-20003260)
- Install SP2 Patch 2 – For Virtual Directory Server (IDM70VDS02P_1-20003260)
Setting up the installation using the above mentioned steps leaves no room for mistakes. If you alter this process you might be left with a system that seems perfect on the outside but might not function as well on the inside.
I really wish they would release cumulatively patched versions of the product that would offer the option to either upgrade an existing installation or set up a fresh one. It would drastically simplify the install process. I think everyone would prefer it compared to a bunch of dependent bloated patches that can’t be used without the original SP2 install.